Individuals interested in joining the Racer family for upcoming fall can apply for admission at admissions.murraystate.edu
MURRAY, Ky. — Murray State will host the Admitted Student Kickoff 2021 event February 5-6, 2021. The free event allows admitted Racers and their families to learn more about life at Murray State through a mainly virtual event and experience.
Admitted students are encouraged to register today at murraystate.edu/admitted for one of three admitted student kickoff virtual sessions:
Session 1 – Friday, February 5th from 12 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Session 2 – Saturday, February 6th from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Session 3 – Saturday, February 6th from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Admitted Student Kickoff includes:
- Priority registration for Racer Nation Orientation, the new student program for incoming freshmen and transfer students that assists with the transition to college while offering the first opportunity to register for fall classes
- Opportunities to virtually meet current Racers who serve on the 2021 Orientation Leadership team
- Personal appointments and meetings with Student Financial Services to learn more about scholarships, financial aid and more
- Academic Open House virtual sessions. Murray State offers 145 high-quality academic programs ranging from agriculture, business and music to computer science, healthcare, education and much more.
- Student involvement sessions. The University has more than 170 student organizations ranging from Racer Band to Greek organizations, along with many other clubs.
- Housing and Residence Life informational sessions
- Event t-shirt and other prizes and giveaways
- In-Person Campus Tours (a limited number are available)
“We are so excited to interact with our new students during the Admitted Student Kickoff event this year,” said Beth Acreman, associate director for new student programs in the office of recruitment. “This event is a wonderful opportunity for new students and their families to learn more about our University and all the exciting opportunities they will have as a new Racer. Participating in Admitted Student Kickoff will also provide priority registration for Racer Nation Orientation 2021 sessions. We will have prizes, giveaways and opportunities to meet our 2021 orientation leaders. We can’t wait to see all our new Racers during these sessions.”
Those with questions on the Admitted Student Kickoff event can contact Murray State’s Office of Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 270-809-2896 or 800-272-4678 ext. 2.
Prospective students who are interested in joining the Racer family can learn more, schedule a virtual or on-campus visit, and apply for admission at admissions.murraystate.edu. Applicants can use the promo code RACERREADY by January 6, 2021 to have the one-time application fee waived.