Fort Campbell armed forces to set up public vehicle and equipment displays at Roy Stewart Stadium; first responders, veterans offered free admission to the day’s games
MURRAY, Ky. — One of the biggest days of Racer Athletics’ 2019-20 calendar will take place Saturday, Nov. 16 with a football, volleyball and men’s basketball tripleheader.
The day will begin at noon when Racer football takes on Austin Peay in a First Financial Bank “Battle of the Border” matchup, followed by Senior Day and the regular season finale for volleyball vs. current No. 1-ranked Morehead State at Racer Arena at 4 p.m. The day will end with men’s basketball taking on Brescia University at 7:30 p.m. at the CFSB Center.
Activities and promotions are planned throughout the day; the University welcomes members of the armed forces from Fort Campbell, who will have equipment and vehicles set up at Roy Stewart Stadium. The unique experience will offer a glimpse into the life and work of the brave men and women who serve our nation proudly as members of the armed forces.
Below is a schedule of the day’s events:
- 8:30 a.m. — 100-plus soldiers from Fort Campbell’s 101st Airborne Division Sustainment Brigade arrive in a convoy and set up static displays in and around Roy Stewart Stadium
- 8:45 a.m. — Soldiers will join football team on Racer Walk from CFSB Entrance B to the south side of Roy Stewart Stadium
- 11:30 a.m. — Pregame activities begin, including honoring 19 football seniors
- 12:05 p.m. — Football vs. Austin Peay (Roy Stewart Stadium)
- 4:00 p.m. — Volleyball vs. Morehead State (Racer Arena)
- 7:30 p.m. — Men’s basketball vs. Brescia (CFSB Center)
- All first responders (police, fire, EMS, etc.) will receive complimentary admission to the game by presenting their badge/work ID at Gates 3, 4 or 6.
- All current/former military will be granted complimentary admission to the game by presenting their ID at Gates 3, 4 or 6.
- Special guests from Fort Campbell can pick up their ticket to the game at Gate 4.
- Soldiers and interactive static vehicle displays will be positioned at Stewart Stadium entrance gates 1, 3, 4, 6. A large vehicle static display will be located in the large parking lot northeast of the football field.
- Families and children of all ages will get a chance to meet soldiers from Fort Campbell and have the unique opportunity to look in and around the military vehicles on display.
- The 101st Airborne Division Sustainment Brigade’s honor guard will present the colors at football in addition to a large flag unfurling at both football and men’s basketball.
- Our guest soldiers will be able to enjoy the game from the sidelines or reserved seats in the stadium (Section GG).
- After the football game, the 101st Division Sustainment Brigade Command Group will engage with Murray State University ROTC Unit for lunch, an interactive experience and fellowship prior to the volleyball game at 4 p.m.
- Fans will get to meet members of the local National Guard unit that will also have vehicles on display on the field for football and outside Entrance B and Lower Entrance A, as well as local Marines, who will also bring a vehicle.
Racer Band Alumni Day
- Murray State will say goodbye to a legend as John Fannin conducts his last game as director of Racer Band after 25 years at the helm.
- Several hundred racer Band alumni will be on hand to help honor Fannin in his final game.
Murray State Football Senior Day
Help Murray State celebrate the below 19 seniors who will dress for the final time at Roy Stewart Stadium Saturday:
1 T.J. Porter DB Conyers, Georgia
2 Jonathan Moss WR Madison, Alabama
4 Gabriel Vicente K Miami, Florida
5 Jason Johnson DB Pahokee, Florida
6 Kendrick Catis LB Pompano Beach, Florida
7 Rajai Perkins WR St. Louis, Missouri
9 Dior Johnson DB Southfield, Michigan
12 Brendan Bognar QB St. Louis, Missouri
14 Nigel Walton DB Atlanta, Georgia
15 Tyre Gray WR Alexander City, Alabama
21 Justin Connor RB Sardis, Mississippi
25 Edmond McGhee LB Champaign, Illinois
43 Steve Dawson P Wagga Wagga, Australia
75 Cam Carter OL Adamsville, Alabama
81 Brion Sanchious WR Pompano Beach, Florida
85 James Sappington WR Peculiar, Missouri
91 Brandon Legendre DL Brea, California
96 Matz Peters DL Cologne, Germany
98 Korey Tillman DL New Orleans, Louisiana
Hall of Fame Day
Following their induction ceremony Friday night at the CFSB Center, the below nine individuals that make up the 2019 Murray State Hall of Fame class will be honored at both football and basketball:
- Rob Hart | Football | 1995-99
- Morgan (Hicks) Wallizer | Rifle | 2000-04
- Coach Connie Keasling | Women’s tennis | 1984-87, 1992-11
- Austen Lane | Football | 2006-09
- Alexis Love | Women’s track and field | 2009-13
- De’Teri Mayes | Men’s basketball | 1996-98
- Stevon Roberts | Men’s track | 1990-93
- Seibert Straughn | Men’s track and field | 1989-92
- Pat Ward-Seib | Women’s track and field, basketball | 1967-71