Murray State University’s institutional advancement (IA) division was the recipient of 12 CASE-Kentucky (Council for Advancement and Support of Education-Kentucky) Awards — three Grand Champion Awards, six Awards of Excellence and three Special Merit recognitions — at its winter conference held in Lexington, Ky.
“I could not be prouder of the recognition Murray State University received at the annual CASE-Kentucky conference. For three straight years, we have shown brightly among our peers in Kentucky. These awards validate the vision, hard work and expertise of the institutional advancement team,” said Jim Carter, vice president of institutional advancement.
CASE-Kentucky is a statewide organization that serves advancement professionals at all levels working in alumni relations, communications and development at more than 70 colleges, universities, private secondary and elementary schools, and other educational organizations.
Specific awards for IA included:
• Grand Champion – Pink Glove Dance video partnership with Western Baptist Hospital
• Grand Champion – Points of Pride 2011 annual report
• Grand Champion – Murray State Anthem campaign
• Award of Excellence – Crisis Communication plan (social media component)
• Award of Excellence – 1922 Society letter
• Award of Excellence – MSU Comprehensive Plan
• Award of Excellence – MSU Facebook
• Award of Excellence – MSU Pintrest
• Award of Excellence – The Blue & Gold magazine
• Special Merit – Spirit Fatheads
• Special Merit – Take Your Place video
• Special Merit – Where Do You Blue & Gold contest