Murray State University’s institutional advancement (IA) division was the recipient of three Grand Champion Awards, four Awards of Excellence and seven Special Merit recognitions from CASE-Kentucky (Council for Advancement and Support of Education-Kentucky) at its winter conference held in Lexington, Ky.
I could not be prouder of the recognition Murray State University received at the annual CASE Kentucky conference. For two straight years, we’ve been a shining star among our statewide peers and this validates the vision, hard work and expertise of our institutional advancement team. Our staff’s work has not only put us on the statewide radar, but we continue to garner national attention in advancing MSU and its programs. What’s even more exciting is the future opportunities and initiatives that I know are on the ‘drawing board.’ It’s a great time to be a Racer,” said Jim Carter, vice president of institutional advancement.
CASE-Kentucky is a statewide organization that serves advancement professionals at all levels working in alumni relations, communications and development at more than 70 colleges, universities, private secondary and elementary schools, and other educational organizations.
Specific areas winning awards in IA this year were university communications with nine awards, development with four awards and WKMS with one award. Separate areas in the university communications division are electronic media, print media, social media and web media. Specific awards for the total IA organization include:
• Grand Champion – Roundabout U television show
• Grand Champion – The Review news tabloid
• Grand Champion – Twitter Ad special recruitment advertisement
• Award of Excellence – We Are Racers specific branding campaign
• Award of Excellence – Facebook “likes” campaign
• Award of Excellence – Points of Pride annual report
• Special Merit – Murray State University Website overall design and implementation
• Special Merit – MSU Today electronic news page
• Special Merit – Shuffle Video for social media
• Special Merit – GOLD direct mail (Graduates of the Last Decade)
• Special Merit – 1922 Society printed publication
• Special Merit – Murray Legacy Comprehensive Planned Giving Program printed publication
• Special Merit – ACRES campaign for Hutson School of Agriculture printed publication
• Award of Excellence – The Front Page radio show
“We have really focused on extending our brand and trying to come up with the most creative ways to reach our many audiences,” Catherine Sivills, assistant vice president for university communications, said. “Awards like this validate our efforts and certainly speak to the creativity and expertise of our team.”